“Po’okela” – that’s Hawaiian for “Commitment to Excellence”, and the theme of the IEEE Professional Communication Society annual conference, to be held in Honolulu, HI in July 2009. Here’s a note from the program chairs describing the call for proposals:
Please consider submitting a proposal for the 2009 IEEE Professional Communication Society Conference (IPCC), to be held July 19-22, 2009 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Proposals for individual papers, panel presentations, workshops, and posters are invited. Please review the Call for Proposals for the suggested topic areas. Non-members of the PCS may either join the society, or submit as a non-member and pay a higher conference registration fee. Proposals must be limited to less than 350 words.
Deadline for 1-2 page proposals: January 30, 2009
Early Proposal Review Opportunity ends October 30, 2008.
As an incentive to meet the early deadline, proposals received by October 30 will either be accepted as submitted, or returned with suggestions for revision. An early acceptance may also be helpful to you in cementing your travel plans for Hawaii!
To submit your proposal for review, complete the following steps:
- Go to http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pcs
- Create an account under the login information on the left side of the page. Once your account has been approved (in less than 24 hours), you will receive a notification e-mail.
- Login to the site.
- At the top of the PCS home page, click the SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL NOW! Link.
- When the “Call for Proposals—2009 IPCC in Hawaii” page displays, click any of the SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL links.
- Fill out the form provided in order to submit your proposal.
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Please e-mail us with any questions: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandy Bartell and Anneliese Watt